About the association
Who we are
Vita Nativa is a Portuguese non-profit environmental organisation. It aims to promote the study and conservation of nature, the promotion and appreciation of natural heritage, and active participation in the defence of the environment and ecosystem services.
Founded in 2018, Vita Nativa is an independent and non-partisan association that had its starting point in the Ria Formosa and was formed by a group of professionals developing activities in the field of nature and environmental protection. This group felt the need for an active and coordinated response to several environmental issues and joined forces to provide an answer to them.
For this reason, Vita Nativa has a multidisciplinary team, dynamic and committed to bringing a new vision and practical approach to different environmental themes.
Vita Nativa’s mission is to provide high quality technical solutions for the conservation and promotion of the natural heritage.
In this sense, we work for the conservation of nature and for the defence of the environment, promoting the valorisation and sustainable development of the natural heritage.
Environmental awareness and education and the promotion of nature activities are also other priorities.
In summary, at Vita Nativa we intend to develop civic intervention activities through the execution of nature conservation and environmental sustainability projects, the carrying out of training and environmental education and awareness activities.
In summary, at Vita Nativa we intend to develop civic intervention activities through the execution of nature conservation and environmental sustainability projects, the carrying out of training and environmental education and awareness activities:
- To promote the study of natural values, the biology of wild species and their habitats, and to develop scientific and technical support for the application of practical measures for the management and conservation of nature and the environment;
- To promote nature conservation through activities that enable research and the implementation of conservation projects, especially in Portugal;
- To contribute to the valorisation of the environment and to stimulate the practice of nature activities in their various aspects, through the implementation of these activities and the elaboration and sharing of good principles for their application;
- To contribute to environmental citizenship by encouraging the population in general and technical groups linked to nature conservation and the environment in particular, through training and environmental education activities;
- To prevent the destruction of the natural environment and its components, and to support and develop projects for the sustainable management of natural resources;
- To disseminate the knowledge produced by the scientific community and to raise awareness of environmental issues;
- To collaborate with other national and international institutions.